Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:46:08 -0400
Jeez...Someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?  Trust me, I9m no
moron.  That9s why I asked the question.

I get it,  you prefer to hotrod a Tiger with a 5.0 or a 302 or other engine
that never actually graced the engine bay of any Tiger when it was new.  I
got that.  FYI, I happen to like the idea of the MKII engine in my MK1A
Tiger and am putting a lot of effort into getting it right, to my own taste
and needs.  G9day mate.

On 6/20/10 9:30 PM, "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com> wrote:

> You would have to be a moron to fit a 715 on a mild 289, especially given
you
> are running stock MKII motor.. ie stock heads and valves..?
>
> Even 600 would be more than enough... no point bolting on a big carb with a
> motor that doesnt flow enough to use it.
>
> On 21 June 2010 10:16, Would U. Believe <mcdangerous@verizon.net> wrote:
>> So, I'm wondering about carburetion.  On my 260, per expert advice, I have
>> Holley 465 CFM carburetor installed -- sitting on an old Edelbrock F4B.
 The