Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>, "'Thomas Witt'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:50:23 -0500
Allan,

Drive the car for a while then shut it down. Then open the hood and watch to
see when and where the fuel is coming in from and pooling on top of the
butterflies.  It seems to me that if the fuel pressure was way too high you
wouldn't be able to drive 6 mi. it would be flooding from the start, or
running very rich.

I have been helping a friend with his 67 Shelby 350GT with a Paxton blower
and the rear floats (Holly) seemed to be sticking (gas everywhere).  I
removed both bowls didn't see any debris of any kind or sticking, put it
back together and it worked fine. Go figure.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187