Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:36:40 -0400
Thanks everyone.

I had planned to install a 4 bbl on a F4B manifold this winter but since the
Holly 2 bbl
became a problem, I moved up the 4 bbl installation to...next week.

I went by Summit Racing and picked up an Eldebrock Performance Carb, model
1404 with manual choke
and delivers 500 cfm.

The carb is new not remanufactured so it ought to work, right?

I am also moving the coil from the factory location on top of the intake
manifold near the gas line, to
a cooler and safer location near the generator.

Thanks again for your help,

Allan

On Jul 17, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Owain Lloyd wrote:

> i had issues with slowly sinking floats too.  its hard to reproduce but at
about 12 bucks for a new float its not worth guessing.

> before installing a regulator, fuel pressure should be easy to just measure
with one of those cheap fluid filled mechanical gauges that go under the
bonnet.  take it out when you're done.  you need a gauge to set/check the
regulator anyhow.  i keep a mechanical gauge on a long line that can come into
the interior in my tool chest for testing/diagnosis.  actually two - one for
carbs and one higher range one for injection.