Re: [Tigers] Green Alger

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Green Alger
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:09:46 -0400
I agree with Mark.  There are things done to this car that can only be
understood as an attempt to deceive, such as the badging.  It cannot be
seen in the pictures, but one place that would be very revealing to me
would be the area under the rear shelf where the fuel pump resides on a
Tiger.  In an Alpine, that area is boxed in and holds the battery.  If
the boxing is cut away and an effort made to make it look identical to a
Tiger, it seems to me that the only reason would be to deceive, since it
would take more than a cursory examination to see the change.  IMHO, an
honest builder should and would leave certain clues to the car's origins
that would be evident to a knowledgeable buyer.  The present seller is a
dealer and probably could be held legally responsible for passing it off
as a "real" Tiger.  As several on here have said, the next owner may not
be as ethical.  It would be interesting to see what someone could get
for the pieces if it were to be parted out.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

Don't forget to register for United 2010 in Rockland, Maine in October.
Go to teae.org for more info.