Re: [Tigers] Green Alger

To: todbrown@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Green Alger
From: mcdangerous@verizon.net
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:45:42 -0500 (CDT)
I don't really know about that.  I mean, there are people out there that are
really picky about getting a "tribute" absolutely right.  I'm very big into
vintage guitars, particularly Beatles-related instruments.  There are some
that only one or two were ever made, like George's Rickenbacker 360/12.  The
Japanese are really, really into these things.  Rickenbacker made a reissue of
George's almost unique guitar (only one other exists).  It was not absolutely
perfect.  The fanatics out there did forensic analysis of photographs of the
real deal, down to the screw heads, scratches, etc., and made their own
perfect copy.  Of course, this was to feed their own need to feel close to an
original when an original is unattainable.  They would (or could) never try to
sell the guitars as originals.  The Tiger thing could be similar.  To recreate
what for the owner is a perfect knock-off, with no intention to sell it to
anyone.  Who really knows?  I kind of understand it, in a weird way.  I mean,
if the donor cars were really cheap and the artiste wanted the real thing but
could not afford it, why not?  The only problem here is the VIN and JAL tags,
because to tamper with them (at least the VIN) is illegal.  I have no problem
with the Tiger badging, really.  Just my own opinion, which I can guarantee
may change in a few minutes.  Yes, I'm finicky.  :-)