Re: [Tigers] First crisis

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, jliny5@cox.net, e.coiner@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] First crisis
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
So why not make a heat shield so the heat from the headers is reflected away
from the starter. I have one of those mini starter and my Tiger has never had
that problem from the headers BUT either I have a messed up gauge, sending
unit or the coolest running engine Ive ever owned and I even changed
thermostats incase it was stickig- turned ot to be the same degrre that I
bought- it was a real Ford stat and expensive, I bought a 190 for this winter
as it gets so cold that last winter I had to put cardboard in front of the
radiator at Thanksgiving returing from Wva to southern IL. It was snowing by
the time I pulled in for gas at the Evansville exit, so it had been above
freezing up till then or it had not rained ir snowed at least. I think I will
invest in one of those inside outside thermomaters for what driving I do this
winter- no snow driving, this Tiger goes around in cicles very easily, my 66
1A was great o snow, I drove like a crazy man- prhaps I
 was BUT I had to be at work in time to make coffe for the superintendent-
they shipped my crane out and I bumpd the tool room man- he made less and hour
but got an hour overtime for making coffe befor starting time and blowing the
start siren- couldnt be late, so the Tiger passed everone, just as it did on
dry roads. I love driving a Sunbeam Tiger.
TtT