Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:14:31 -0700
This is a very interesting discussion.  Normally (no pun intended) people
are in an uproar because an Alpine is being passed off as a Tiger.  In this
case the Alpine heritage is fully disclosed regarding this Tiger "look a
like," but the issue continues on. Perhaps we can applaud the honesty.

As has already been stated before a car not passing TAC still doesn't mean
it is not a real Tiger.  It means there is no or limited evidence to show
its Jensen roots (partial pun intended).  I've been told a car is never
declared an Alger, it just isn't certified as a Tiger of origin.

  This world is not a perfect place, but those with the knowledge are making
the effort to keep the bloodline pure.   I don't think it was ever meant to
be an elite club (TAC).

If for some reason the process has created an error my hope is that both
parties would work together to sort the issue out.

FYI my Tiger has the whole front clip, hood, all the lower sheetmetal (one
inner sill), bumpers, engine, and rearend replaced.  The whole
chassis/floorpan has been stripped and coated with POR-15.  In a few short
minutes my car received its TAC sticker.
Tom Witt