Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:13:24 -0500
I have no problem with any car being modified in any way and I would
normally hope someone would buy this car and enjoy it. My problem is the
Tiger VIN plate.

With the VIN plate switched, the car has lost its identity and is illegal in
every state as far as I know. Is it a real Tiger, stolen, with a junked
Tiger's VIN plate? Or is it a stolen Alpine with the remains of a junked
Tiger and its VIN used to make a fake Tiger? Or is it a stolen Alpine with
parts from a stolen Tiger used for the conversion, with a VIN from a junked
Tiger? Or is it some other combination? Who knows?

Using a Tiger VIN tells me that the car was built to deceive in some way,
for some purpose, and I would want nothing to do with it. Sure, it could
still be a stolen Alpine with another Alpine's VIN, but I think that is a
very unlikely.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans