Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?

To: e.coiner@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What makes this car an Alger?
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:45:59 +1000
With all due respect the doors being wrong would not indicate the car has
been rebodied.. in the early years before parts were available and the cars
were of any worth repairing rusty doors with some decent donor alpine ones
from a ST alpine would be a easy fix. That said.. any cross over body SIVGT
alpine would also have the same doors of a "deluxe" interior.

The TAC criteria is based around "methods of manufacture" in other words
certain processes used to make a Tiger body by rootes.. doors, trim and
other things can be easily swapped out.. but there are certain processes
that rootes used to modify alpine shells that while can be duplicated to
appear correct will not be the same unless the same process of manufacture
has been used. These are core components of the body and hence a much better
guide than bolt on parts.