Re: [Tigers] Comment re. Air Cleaner Theft Thread

To: "Bill Waite" <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Comment re. Air Cleaner Theft Thread
From: "Armacost, Don Jr." <drarmacost@pmlights.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:31:36 -0600
So well said. Happy New Year to all!

Don Armacost Jr
President -CEO
Peterson Manufacturing Co.
816-765-2000
drarmacost@pmlights.com

On Dec 27, 2010, at 5:12 PM, "Bill Waite" <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I can't believe how many people have responded to the "Air Cleaner Theft"
> thread.  It got me thinking that in some ways the level of interest in this
> topic is a bit "sad."  Excuse me while I wax nostalgic.
>
> While many people are thrilled that the value of Tigers and their $1000 air
> cleaners have gone up so much, there is sure a down side to this.  First,
it
> puts the cars out of reach for many people, especially the younger
> generation.   More and more of our Tigers are gaining "trailer Queen"
status
> as the years go by.
>
> When I bought our Tigers in 1978 and 1979 in Denver... I drove them daily
> (even in the winter).  They were only worth $2500.  Now I could sell my air
> cleaner and Mark II wheel trim for more than I bought the car for.  Because
of
> that, fewer and fewer of our cars are in the hands of people who drive them
> and enjoy them as they were designed to be.  More and more are treated as
> museum pieces.
>
> One of the things that interested me so much in Tigers in the late 60's and
> 70's was that they were the "hot rodder's" sports car.   No one cared about
> the "proper" color of the sheet metal behind the grill, etc.
>
> So, I guess the level of response to this thread bothers me a bit because
> there was a day when that was the last thing we had to think about.  The
only
> type of  question that might garner that many responses would be something
> like "how can I get more HP from my 260 without spending an arm and a leg?"
>
> I certainly don't mean to offend those who have taken the time to reply to
the
> thread.  I just guess I miss the "old days" when the emphasis was on
driving
> and "hopping up" Tigers and less on the value of the cars and their parts.
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> Bill Waite
> Grand Rapids, MI

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/drarmacost@pmlights.com

solely for the Recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent
those of Peterson Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission
Plastics North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) . Warning: Although Peterson
Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission Plastics
North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) has taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.