Re: [Tigers] Hardtops

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtops
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:32:02 -0500
Another hardtop question....

Did any hardtops come from the factory vinyl covered?

I have assumed "no" in the past; and that my hardtop's vinyl covering was put
on by the PO.

HOWEVER...Taylor's book TIGER the making of a sports car...page
182...discusses seven MKII Tigers bought by the dealer
Alan Hartwell.

"The sixth car (which had a vinyl covered hardtop) Hartwell kept for his
personal use..."

??

Perhaps I should restore not remove the vinyl on my hardtop?

Allan Ballard
MK1-a Tiger
SIV Alpine