Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy

To: "'James Lindner'" <jliny5@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:11:06 -0400
Jim
        I think you can find all that information on Tigersunited.com under
Tech Tips.

The first thing I would do is make sure all the green wires from the
instrument voltage regulator to the gages are in good shape.   It is always
difficult to accurately check gages because you never really know how good
the other gage your checking with is.

I took the temp sender out and checked it with a voltmeter while warming it
up in a pot of water on the stove.  I think I made a graph of resistance
heating up and cooling down.   I also used a thermocouple on the block to
check it in the engine.  My gage reads a little low and I left it that way
because I know that the engine is around 180 degrees at that point on the
gage.

Ron Fraser