Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy

To: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>,tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy
From: allfudge1635@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:19:06 +0000
James,
The first thing I would do is verify the accuracy of your temperature reading.
If you used a laser thermometer you should place black electrical tape on the
surface you are measuring, then,if your meter has adjustable emissivity, set
the meter to .95 emissivity. Aim the laser at the tape, and be sure you're
within the spot ratio distance so the meter only sees the tape. That should be
a good number. As for calibrating the gauge, I'll let other, wiser people guide
you on that.

Al
Sent on the Sprint. Now Network from my BlackBerry.