Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy

To: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Temp Gauge Accuracy
From: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:34:20 -0400
I tested my sender and compared the reading against Stu Brennan's chart on TU.
Sure enough my reading showed way too much resistance,

My reading...118 ohms @ 178 degrees

Chart shows...77 ohms @ 176 degrees.

So it looks as if I need a new sender. Now this creates a whole new issue.

I have an Edelbrock F4B manifold and John Logan advised me to ensure the
threads are compatible between the stock sender and the manifold (Thanks
John). I checked with Rick at SS and he advised THEY ARE NOT.

He did not have any sort of adapter available, so I would appreciate any
advice from those much more knowledgeable. Is there an adapter available
somewhere? Are there other senders that will work AND fit the Edelbrock
manifold. Obviously, there is a sender in the hole right now...I just have no
idea where it came from?

Of course the other option is to just add 20 degrees to the gauge reading.

Thanks,

Jim Lindner