Re: [Tigers] Stinkin NPT adapters....@ wits end.

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>, "wsamouce@kc.rr.com"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stinkin NPT adapters....@ wits end.
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:12:42 -0500
How deep the bushing goes will still depend on how tight the thread in the
manifold was made. If it was done conservatively then the bushing won't go in
very far.

Duke, buy the taps, as well as a couple of cast-iron and brass 1/2" and 3/8"
female thread fittings. Then you can practice on those and when you're
comfortable with the process, go and do the manifold. Just don't forget to use
a suitable thread cutting fluid. The cast aluminum will cut a lot easier than
either the brass or the cast iron.

Cheers,
Theo