Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3

To: stubrennan@comcast.net, rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
Stu,
As others have suggested, it could be fluid propelling  the pistons and not
the rubber seal doing it.

In a message dated 6/28/2011 8:16:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stubrennan@comcast.net writes:

Hi  Ron:

There is some clearance between a fully retracted piston and the  pad.  I
was able to push the pad away from the disk, and the against  the the
rubber boots.  I could feel the piston retract. But as soon as  I release
them they snap back against the disks, propelled by the  rubber.  And I
can feel it the next time I step on the brakes,  slightly longer pedal
the first  time.

Stu