Re: [Tigers] Can this be true? Non Tiger

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Can this be true? Non Tiger
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:36:20 -0500
Well, well, BMW technology has become much more refined in the past 10
years!  I bought one of the first Z4's, and they "piped" in the engine
sound to the passenger compartment using acoustic tubes. There were foam
filters in the tubes, and some of the early buyers, at least, "modified"
their cars by removing the foam!  The ultimate driving machine!

To play "devils advocate" in defense of BMW, maybe this kind of
technique allows them to "tune" the drivers experience without sharing
it with the whole neighborhood?  Like the guy with the boombox in the
trunk shares his taste in music with the rest of us?  That hearing the
engine sound is more refined than hearing the exhaust?

Frankly, I liked the sound of my Tiger best when it had an exhaust
leak.  It hurt me to fix that leak......

Chris
B382000331

tigers@autox.team.net