Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:00:34 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
I'm running a single pusher fan from a '80s Toyota Cressida (the auxiliary fan
they put in front of the AC condenser) ahead of the rad. It's not enough for
slow going but it's fine at highway speeds. I'm going to an aluminum radiator
to see if that helps... if that doesn't pan out then I'll probably go back to
an engine driven fan. I'd like to have a puller electric fan, but there isn't
enough room between the water pump shaft and the radiator...

I messed around some with choking the bypass passage - right now I have it
down to a 3/16" hole drilled into a pipe plug that I've threaded into the
bypass hose nipple. Some people have that passage plugged off completely, but
I wonder about how good that is if you also have the thermostat closed (I have
some bypass holes in the thermostat as well...) as well as the heater set on
'cold'. Fortunately, due to my geographic location I can generally leave the
heater valve open.

I also have the usual other aids for cooling: Blocked horn holes, an air dam
below the radiator, foam gap fillers between the rad and the rad support,
etc.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.