Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling

To: Theo.Smit@dynastream.com, tigers@autox.team.net, dave@munroe.ca
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:58:10 -0400 (EDT)
Theo,
I agree with directing the flow through the radiator and blocking the
proper areas. I have done everything that you've done in that area.
In regards to the type/material of the radiator.  I was at a show  recently
where a radiator supplier (all aluminum models) had about 100 rads on
display. Most were ready  made for certain cars. I was impressed because  the
prices looked awfully good.  He said they could make up any  configuration
that someone would want. I asked how much more efficient aluminum  would be
over brass for the same size. He said about 25%.  I said that I  thought the
brass would be a better conductor or heat and therefore more  efficient.  He
said "no".  He said you put your hand on a brass  radiator after a hard run
with a car and you'll burn your hand.  Do the  same with an aluminum and it
will feel cool. This, in his mind, was saying that  since the al. felt cooler
that it was dissipating  heat better than the  brass.  I came to the
conclusion that he was probably not someone i would  want designing a radiator
for
a Tiger.
Mark

In a message dated 3/21/2012 12:43:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,