Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling

To: Theo.Smit@dynastream.com, tigers@autox.team.net, dave@munroe.ca
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:32:17 -0400 (EDT)
Theo,
When I researched elect. fans, a few companies claimed that the fan would
be something like 25% more efficient when pulling as opposed to pushing.  I
haven't checked to see how much room I have, but guessing I might have your
 space problem too.
I've seen some new cars with 2 small elect fans mounted diagonally behind
the radiator.  If this was used on a Tiger it might allow the water pump
shaft to fit between the 2 fans.
Also, some cars like Mercedes run a set-up with the fan motor being set off
 to the side and a belt running to the actual fan which is pretty slim.
The problem I can see with aftermarket elect fans is that they come with
their own shrouds, but the shrouds only cover a small portion of the
radiator  So, the fan would only be pulling or pushing through about 1/2  the
radiator.
And then there was a the write-up on a Tiger that had an auxiliary radiator
 made from a transmission cooler and mounted somewhere in the front.  On
this concept I wonder where the best mounting position would be and how it
would  best be plumbed into the current system.  This might essentially
increase  the radiator size by 20-25% although any fan system wouldn't be
helping
it.  Guess I'm always looking for quick, bolt-on aids.
Mark