Re: [Tigers] Timing deviates - advice needed

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Timing deviates - advice needed
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:19:02 -0700
Thanks Ron.  A few minutes after I posted it dawned on me that there
wouldn't be a crank gear that divided by 2 with the 45 tooth cam gear. That
45 teeth being based on the "8 degrees" I found on the internet.  That said,
42 teeth would make a slipped cam tooth even worse at 8.57 degrees. Most
offset keys, multi key gears, offset pins etc. only go about 4 degrees. So,
I would think those 4 degrees of variability would near the upper limit for
most cams.

I'm still putting my money on a slipping distributor gear exacerbated by a
heavy load from cold oil on start up.