Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?

To: J D Johnson <j_d_johnson@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?
From: "michael@michaelshortt.com" <michaelsavga@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:10:13 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
To offer an outside perspective and since I don't know who the plsyers are,
this IMHO.
I'm here to learn about Tigers because I'm shopping for one.
I own a Pantera and 5 other collectable cars, the key part of that is "I
OWN".  These ae MY cars and if you don't like whaf I've done to them, I
don't care.
Some of you come across worse than the mean little old ladies in Mayberry
who made Aunt Bea cry...shame on you.
Do what you want with your car, I saw a beautiful Tiger yesterday at the
HHI concours, looked perfect in every way, nice owner who was willing to
share and discuss his restoration efforts with photos.
I'd be proud to own it, then I'd change it to suit my own desires.
Better intake and carb, nicer and more breathable aircleaner assembly
And add an MSD ignition system.
( and know that these original parts would be boxed and saved, for I
understand that I am merely a caretaker of the car ).
Be thankful that anybody is buying, maintaining and restoring these cars
and keeping them relevant. Celebrate your shared passions and stop being
judgemental. There is room for everybody. The market will always decide
values and if you want to make them really valuable, just start buying and
crushing them, when you get down to 6 or so, like a Cobra Daytona or 39
like a Ferrari GTO,  then you can all count your money and cogratulate
yourself that you now own a car that is too valuable to actually drive.

Michael