Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery

To: "Steve Grove" <stephen_grove@yahoo.com>, "Joel Martin" <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Photo Gallery
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:11:03 -0800
Cc: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi Joel & Steve,

Forgive me if I gave the impression that the photo project (that I mentioned
in my email to Joel which was then posted to the Tiger list) was a CAT
project. It's not. My intent is for it to be open to all Tiger owners. It
will be open access and hopefully it will include input from any who want to
help.

I mentioned CAT because many of those involved are wearing several Tiger
"hats", all of which soak up a lot of our time and many of those Tiger
projects are CAT related.

Once the pictures get assembled, various Tiger "experts" from all over the
country have offered to provide written commentary. The problem we run into
is that while some pronounce "rules" about what is "correct", there are many
exceptions. In the case of the Tiger there were a lot of different cooks in
the kitchen. One contractor built and painted the bodies and another
contractor then modified those and installed a drive train. During a car's
build "correct" pieces may not have been available and others were
substituted. Mistakes were made on the production line. Many of these sort
of issues benefit from explanation.

Theo will be coordinating the actual web work but I certainly think Steve's
offer to help on developing a platform for displaying the pictures could be
a great step forward.

We've got great pictures of a proper Mk1a and of a correct MKII but I'd
really like more MK1 pictures, preferably from a light colored car.

 Buck Trippel