Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: TtT <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 00:59:01 -0500
Jay- I'm of the opinion and from the same problem years ago that you need a new
selinoid. You should have battery voltage on the always hot side and with help
measure the voltage when the key is turned to the start position. There should
be little drop. Of removed and disassembled you will find brass or copper plate
and springs, if memory serves..When power from the switch goes to the small
bolt, the selinoid acts like a magnet and closes the circuit,sending voltage
thru to the lug that the starter cable is on and the engine turns over. It may
need replaced or you may have corrosion which is the problem. ALSO it seems
each cell produces 2.2 volts, giving you 13.2. I maybe wrong as my memory sucks
but if I'm right, you may have a dead cell.Have. you checked the levels of the
electrolyte? The ballest resistor's only job is to reduce the voltage going to
the points so not to burn them. Your problem isn't real serious. I just hope my
battery volts per cell is correct. I'm sure I will be corrected. Lol. TtT
Sent from Huawei Mobile