Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: "'Jay Laifman'" <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 20:24:15 -0400
Cc: 'Tiger's Den' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Jay
        You make a good point about alcohol in the fuel.  We should all be
vigilant about fuel line problems that the alcohol can create.  Many of the
gaskets in our carburetors do not always interact well with alcohol.  It is
best to fix the minor problems now and not have a major problem later.

        I had to replace a fuel pump last year due to the bellows in that
fuel pump had deteriorated and was spitting out little black specks.
Thankfully it gave up in my garage while I was checking the fuel system for
the lack of performance my engine was exhibiting.
        I'm blaming it on the alcohol but that pump was at least 10 years
old.  I was also told that make fuel pump had issues with the bellows before
there was alcohol in the fuel.  I also replaced the 30 year old flex
junction in the fuel line even though it looked fine.

Ron Fraser