Re: [Tigers] Where to find parts, shifter...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Where to find parts, shifter...
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 16:32:28 -0700
Jeff,

  It took me about 10 years to find the Maverick fan in self serve wrecking
yards..., and I go about once a month.  In self serve yards the cars start
to show up about years 10-12 and are almost completely gone by years 20-25.
The desired Maverick fan was from the early cars and is about 40 years old.
Pretty much the same thing for the Volvo fan.  People have had success with
the Derale fan.  If you are running the stock Tiger waterpump the center
hole on the fan needs to be enlarged to 1". If you run a Volvo fan an
approximate 1/8" bushing is needed for it's 1-1/8" hole.

Even the late 70's early 80's Fairmont's are getting very hard to find.  I
recall a number of years ago Jere Teepen had a number of pulleys for sale.
Maybe he will chime in or someone can put you in contact with him.
Tom