Re: [Tigers] Where to find parts, shifter...

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Where to find parts, shifter...
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:46:09 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Hi Chip and all,
The bigger hazard with modifying fan hubs is that a blade will come off and
depart radially. It will go through the hood and/or anything else in the
vicinity that is in the plane of rotation of the fan. As a safety precaution,
NEVER put your body across the plane of the fan when you're doing work under
the hood with the engine running, even if your rotating assembly is dead
stock... if something gets into the fan blades, they'll fling pieces out at
you.

For what it's worth, it's not very difficult to press a stock hub a little
further onto the pump shaft so that you can use the stock 5/8" hole to locate
your fan using an unmodified center hole and an unmodified (Fairmont) pulley.
I recall that when I last replaced the water pump I had to dress the pump ribs
slightly to provide clearance for the Fairmont pulley ID. Even if you have an
OEM Tiger pulley that's designed to locate on the 1" cast step of the
waterpump pulley flange, it might be better to make up a 5/8" to 1" spacer for
the pulley and then use a 5/8" bore fan over top of it... nobody can tell
under there.

Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.