Re: [Tigers] Tiger Dashboard Lettering

To: "'Brian Glenn'" <ora_archy@yahoo.com>, "'Tiger's Den'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Dashboard Lettering
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 08:59:36 -0400
Brian
        The Choke is for the Alpine dash.

If you had a manual choke installed on your Tiger then one of those Alpine
dashes with the choke label could be a good option.

        All of the illustration in the Shop Manual and Parts Lists seem to
be the Alpine dash.  According to TBON "labeling only the Panel, Lights and
Wiper" were used on the Tiger Dash.

        I refinished my dashboard many years ago so I don't remember exactly
what was printed on the original dash.  I also believe there were a couple
of those small aluminum labels that fit under the switch nut.  I'll have to
look to see if I took 35mm pictures of my original dash configuration.

        I used these labels - Blower, Wiper, Ign, Lights, Panel and I also
included a non standard - Hazard label.

Looks like we need some pictures of original untouched Tiger dashes to see
what was original and if there were any changes to the configuration through
the Tiger build.

Ron Fraser