Re: [Tigers] Tiger Dashboard Lettering

To: "'Gary Winblad'" <garywinblad@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Dashboard Lettering
From: "Jim McLaughlin" <jimmc13@socket.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:41:22 -0500
Hello;
I have been following the discussion on the lettering of a Tiger dash.  So
is the question, what is lettered or what is the font used on the dash?

Last July we had a discussion on the font and 3 were specifically discussed;
Sanserif was one, another was Condensed Gothic RR white, and last was
Helvetica-Medium.  I went out and obtained both the Gothic and Helvitica in
6-8-10-12 t font, color is white of course.  The Gothic and Helvetica look
very similar.
Now if we are discussing what was labeled, perhaps this will help, or make
things worse.

In 1981, I had a 1965 Tiger with an original dash and the labeling was the
black ring on the blower placed all the way to the left on a left hand drive
vehicle.  The white labels already discussed were on the wipers, lights, and
panel.  Wipers were to the right of the windshield washer pump knob, the
light switch was to the right of the ignition switch (clock or blank next)
and the panel switch to the right of the clock opening and was the last
switch normally installed, might have a cigarette lighter above and to the
right..

My current Tiger is not labeled yet except for the Blower, but I have 2 of
the 3 fonts previously discussed on hand; now the question is do I get a new
dash or not and this is hampering things for me finishing.

Remember the 2 Bbl carb Tiger had an auto choke activated by a tube from the
passenger side exhaust manifold.  I do not any documentation on a manual
choke carb setup so I can neither confirm nor deny.

Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE