[Tigers] Engine Idle Question

To: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Engine Idle Question
From: Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:31:20 -0600

--0000000000001756010598d44251

Me again,

I'm starting up my engine now and it seems to run fine but only if I keep
the RPMs up above 2000.  I have an Edelbrock AVS2 500CFM carb on an
otherwise stock engine.  I have the distributor vacuum  advance plugged
into the metered vac port on the carb and all other vac ports are plugged.
The is a manual choke carb and I have the choke closed when I start the
engine.  After running the engine for a few minutes if I try to open the
choke the engine dies.

So, I'm looking for ideas.  How long do I need to let the engine run before
opening the choke?  Is the timing causing the need to run at high RPMs?  I
haven't tried to adjust the timing yet.

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--0000000000001756010598d44251

 now and it seems to run fine but only if I keep the RPMs up above 2000.=C2=
=A0 I have an Edelbrock AVS2 500CFM carb on an otherwise stock engine.=C2=
=A0 I have the distributor vacuum=C2=A0 advance plugged into the metered va=
c port on the carb and all other vac ports are plugged.=C2=A0 The is a manu=
al choke carb and I have the choke closed when I start the engine.=C2=A0 Af=
ter running the engine for a few minutes if I try to open the choke the eng=
 long do I need to let the engine run before opening the choke?=C2=A0 Is th=
e timing causing the need to run at high RPMs?=C2=A0 I haven&#39;t tried to=
n</div></div>

--0000000000001756010598d44251--

--===============8669896665076470109==