Re: [Tigers] Original Tiger Port of Entry and Sales Information

To: steve wick <srwick@hotmail.com>, steve wick via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>, Brian Glenn <ora_archy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original Tiger Port of Entry and Sales Information
From: GARY WINBLAD <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 14:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_762491_1746426179.1661278070388

For sure they came into the port at LA(Long Beach?).

The 80% (I think) is just a number out of his A$$...
He was back east or Canada, he didn't get one new, just many years later (I
think).
The hot rod scene was California and the weather definetly favors a convertible.

But he was right, most came to the west coast due to demand.  That is why you
see more MK2s back east, by the time they came out, everyone in the west already
had a MK1  with a 289 (info from the late Paul Reisentz).
Gary

>     On 08/23/2022 10:47 AM steve wick via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>

>     I don't have definitive information, but the cars could have been all
> delivered to east coast ports, then transported from there. Where they would
> have been sold was just a function of where the dealers in the network were
> located.
>
>     Steve

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
   For sure they came into the port at LA(Long Beach?).
   The 80% (I think) is just a number out of his A$$...
   He was back east or Canada, he didn't get one new, just many years later (I
think).
   The hot rod scene was California and the weather definetly favors a
convertible.
   But he was right, most came to the west coast due to demand.&nbsp; That is
why you
   see more MK2s back east, by the time they came out, everyone in the west
already
   had a MK1&nbsp; with a 289 (info from the late Paul Reisentz).
   Gary
    On 08/23/2022 10:47 AM steve wick via Tigers &lt;tigers@autox.team.net&gt;
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
    I don't have definitive information, but the cars could have been all
delivered to east coast ports, then transported from there. Where they would
have been sold was just a function of where the dealers in the network were
located.
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
    Steve
color: #000000;">
   <hr style="display: inline-block; width: 98%;">
sans-serif;"><strong>From:</strong> Tigers
&lt;tigers-bounces@autox.team.net&gt; on behalf of Brian Glenn via Tigers
Tiger Port of Entry and Sales Information</span>
font-size: 16px;" class="x_ydp7d4816fyahoo-style-wrap">
      All,
      I was reviewing a well researched 1995 article <em>What is a Sunbeam
Tiger?</em> listed on the STOA website by Von Levandowski from Cobra Magazine.
      In it, he states "<span style="color: #0a0a0a; font-family:
Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; text-align: justify;">While about 80% of the
original Tiger sales were located on the west coast, ownership opportunities
now exist nationwide.</span>"
http://autox.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net
------=_Part_762491_1746426179.1661278070388--