Wire Wheels and luggage Rack

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheels and luggage Rack
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 08:27:34 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Allan McClure asked about wire wheel hubs.

Allan; Yes you do have to change the studs. but it's not difficult.
When you pull your wheels the procedure will be fairly evident.
The studs basically push out (albeit with some reluctance. Use a
suitable bludgeon.) and press back in.

My opinion; go for the 60's and to blazes with the purists.

I have a set of wire wheel splines complete with knock offs that I'd
be willing to part with for a very reasonable price. E-mail me
directly of you're still interested.

I have a TR3A with the Amco luggage rack. It looks fine on there. In
fact, I've gotten so used to it back there that the car didn't look
right without it while it was off during a recent repaint of the car.
OTOH, I rather wish I had the other kind. It would be nice to not have
holes in the bootlid.

See you in Albany. Look for me. Mine's a '58 TR3A, primrose yellow
with a black racing stripe. I'll also be wearing a name badge that
says "Chairman" (Driving a TR3 *and* chairing the National? The man
must be bonkers!)

Rik

Rik Schlierer                 "Weekends don't count unless you
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US         spend them doing something
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY  completely pointless" (Calvin)