Re: Oil seal quality-comments pls

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil seal quality-comments pls
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 22:41:58 -0500
Pat-
   You ask if the new style seal will do the job in the timing cover...

If you received/still have my previous post...this is the type seal
I referred to as a new style seal. I use two of these seals (one
behind the other) to insure a leak-free job. In some ways this
is a better setup as the seal lip now rides in a different section of
the crank snout and the rubber seal seems to do a better job
than the leather one in the original style seal. Hope this helps.

                                                       The Car Curmudgeon
                                                                Nick