Re: TR6 - Elec Prob - Ignition Wires

To: tr6@usa.pipeline.com
Subject: Re: TR6 - Elec Prob - Ignition Wires
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 12:16:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ron,

<<I had problem with one of the wires inside the plastic plug on the back of
the ignition switch a few weeks ago. The wires are simply push on spade
connectors and could easly come off. I would check there forst. >>

AH HA ! ! ! ! ! !

My first, and most hopeful thought also !!  - however I see you have a '72 -
do your wires push onto the back of the circular 'switch' which fits into the
key assembly - or does that circular thing have a pig tail on it that the
plugs together with the wiring harness??

Mine is the second, which doesn't mean that the wire connections in the
plastic connector might not also be sloppily put together.

Just trying to visualize what I might encounter before I stick my head under
there.

TIA

JoeSimcoe