Re: TR6 - Elec Prob - Ignition Wires

To: tgentr@rw1.rworld.com
Subject: Re: TR6 - Elec Prob - Ignition Wires
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 18:11:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tom and all who gave me some advice on this -

I found the problem, I am pretty sure - appears that the connector  on the
wiring harness (original I am sure) had one of the female connectors (five in
the plug) which had for some reason been bent open so that it wasn't making
good contact with the male prong on the plug coming from the ignition switch.

I was able to bend it back to make better contact - will think about
replacing the plug next time I have the dash off.

Has anyone replaced this plug before.  My first thought is that there isn't
much wire exposed from the harness, and if I have to trim any off it sure
won't leave much to work with.

Thanks again,

JoeSimcoe