Re: Wiring up new wiper switch/pump assy

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Wiring up new wiper switch/pump assy
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 18:12:49 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Have succeeded in attaining both speeds to motor but cannot get pump to
>function.  Any advice as to new wiring sequence would be greatly
appreciated.
>Thanks all

If you had an earlier model hand pump, you'll have to run a new 12v. power
supply (probably from an ignition switched source) to one of those wires and
the other wire will probably need to be patched over to the the washer motor.
See if the new washer motor has a "+" and "-" polarity making. Obviously, the
12v. from the new switch will go to "+" and the "-" goes to ground. I guess
it may be possible for the pump to run backwards and blow air back into the
washer bottle. (just kidding)

Good luck,
Charlie B.
Capital Triumph Register