Spitfire Body Question and Intoduction

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Body Question and Intoduction
From: Metwrench@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 23:36:29 -0400
Hi All,
I'm am a proud parent of an 80 Spitfire I'm restoring,and Looking for an 8.
I'm also restoring my buddy's Tr-6 (nice friend huh?). If I can be of any
service to any of you e-mail me please.

I have a body question on my Spit. After putting in new rockers, floors,
dog-legs, rear patch panels and miles of weld, I'm finding I have about a 1"
gap between the Hood and Doors. Is this normal for a Spit? I saw another Spit
on the road that seem to have a large gap there, so i'm wondering if thats
ok. My hood is as far back on it's hinges as possible. I didn't notice before
I started the work if this gap was already there. The hood also lines up
perfect with the windshield cowl, so the hood can move back anymore. Also the
doors line up perfect with the rear quarters...Hmmmm ?? I can't fiqure this
one out.

If you own a Spit, can you tell me what your measurement between the door and
hood is? Thanks...

John

Automotive Vocational Instructor
ASE, L1 Master tech