Re: Spitfire Body Question and Intoduction

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Body Question and Intoduction
From: gt6nut@gnn.com (Dan Arrington)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 22:13:51
>Date:  Mon, 3 Jun 1996 23:36:29 -0400
>From:  Metwrench@aol.com
>Sender:        owner-triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
>To:    Triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject:       Spitfire Body Question and Intoduction
>

>I have a body question on my Spit. After putting in new rockers, floors,
>dog-legs, rear patch panels and miles of weld, I'm finding I have about a
> 1"
>gap between the Hood and Doors. Is this normal for a Spit? I saw another
> Spit
>on the road that seem to have a large gap there, so i'm wondering if thats
>ok. My hood is as far back on it's hinges as possible. I didn't notice
> before
>I started the work if this gap was already there. The hood also lines up
>perfect with the windshield cowl, so the hood can move back anymore. Also
> the
>doors line up perfect with the rear quarters...Hmmmm ?? I can't fiqure this
>one out.
>
>If you own a Spit, can you tell me what your measurement between the door
> and
>hood is? Thanks...
>
>John

I had the same thing happen with my GT6 so like you I'm hoping that it is
normal. Hopefully it is,and isnt just lousy aftermarket sheetmetal!
I suppose a guy could use some plastic and make the gap smaller,but i would
really hate to do that.

GOOD LUCK!

GT6NUT (Dan Arrington) I must be a  "nut" to take on a project like this!

gt6nut@gnn.com
http://members.gnn.com/gt6nut/gt6nut.htm

'69 GT6+ (Rustbucket)
New floors,rocker panels,rear valance ................????