Re:Horn Relay Question

To: Thomas Story <tomstory@slip.net>
Subject: Re:Horn Relay Question
From: David Rupert <75701.242@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 06 Jun 96 09:41:32 EDT
Cc: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tom,

85 and 86 are the coil terminals.  If you measure resistance between them, you
won't get much, since the load is all inductive.  30 is the common side of the
switch, which may be connected internally to one of the coil terminals.  That's
so when the coil is energized, 30 also gets the same potential as the terminal
to which it is connected.  87 is the terminal that gets connected to 30 when the
relay is energized. This numbering scheme is an ISO standard, not just a Lucas
hallucination.  So if you are still confused, you can check with any electronics
shop and they should be able to show you a drawing of how it works.  If you
still have trouble, write me back.  I can fax you a drawing if necessary.

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com
1967 TR4A (rigid axle)
1980 TR7 convertible