Re: Horn Relay Question

To: tomstory@slip.net
Subject: Re: Horn Relay Question
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 21:46:37 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> have a lucas horn relay that I ordered from V.B. for my Spitfire. I had
>it hooked up properly, and had to take it off to check something out, and
>foolishly forgot to write down the connections :(
>
>SO....It has 4 spade connectors, two are common and are labeled 85 and 86.
>One is labeled 30/51 and the other is 87 and has a different colored spade
>(brass instead of silver). 30/51 on the little diagram on the relay seems
>to connect to 87, and also seems to be hooked up to 85, 86 constantly. So
>if anyone can help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated!
>Thanks, Tom

Tom,

I'm a litt confused. What year Spit have you got? Later models show no relay
on the schematic - the current passes through the horn switch directly to the
horns - according to the schematic!

I've got an early 1500 that does have a relay, but it's only got three
terminals marked "C1", "C2", and "W1".

What colors are the wires running into your relay! Are you sure you have the
horn relay!.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Charlie B.