Re: TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu
Subject: Re: TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle
From: Scott Paisley <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 08:27:06 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tony, you nailed one of of my suspects...  Vacuum leak.  I put oil in
the dash pots right off and the problem still happened.  However, I'm
not convinced that there isn't a vacuum leak there somewhere.

I'll hunt for this first, and let the list know what happens.

Another hint, is that while driving out the other morning, I pushed
the choke in, probably a bit premature, the car seemed fine, let
off the throttle, a moment later, BANG...  Backfire.  I believe
this is related to the same problem as it "felt" the same.  Hard
to write the feeling over email...

It's very strange.  It cuts out as if it's electrical related.
I would suspect a fuel related problem to shake a bit before stalling.
Maybe it's a short between the throttle linkage and something?

Oops, gave away my other idea...

Any other suggestions?

-Scotty