Re: TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle

To: scotty@csn.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 stalls when bliping the throttle
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 11:39:30 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-06 23:48:28 EDT, scotty@csn.net (Scott W. Paisley)
writes:

>Ok, I give up.  I have got the weirdest problem.  When I come to a
>stop and hit the throttle, the car dies.  If I tap the throttle
>a couple of times quickly, it coughs (just a tiny bit) and then it's
>fine to accelerate.  This will not happen if I leave the choke just
>a bit out.  (So that the idle is a bit fast as it's on the cams.)

Scotty,

Two easy things to check:

1) No oil in the carb dashpots
2) Carbs set too lean

Check 1) first because it is easer.  No oil in dashpots will cause this
problem because one function of the dashpots is to temporarily enrichen the
mixture when the throttle is depressed.  This has the same action as the
accelerator pump on domestic carbs.  Without the oil the car will act as a
domestic car will with a bad accel pump.

If this doesn't fix it check the timing.

Dave