Re: GT-6 engine conversion

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: GT-6 engine conversion
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:44:17 -0500
With the correct clutch plate it should be a snap installing a TR6
engine into a GT6.

Except:

The carb setup on a TR6 engine may not fit under the bonnet. I don't
know for sure, but it's a tight fit with CD150s. I don't know if
CD175s will fit with their air cleaners.

Also, you can expect to rebuild/replace your gearbox and final drive
more often with a high-HP engine.

Personally, I think you'd be happier with the 2-liter engine. It revs
better (shorter stroke) has plenty of torque and matches the gearbox
nicely. And it is hard enough on the drive train, as it is.

It's also original.

Purely IMHO, of course.

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com