Re: TR-6, Brake lockup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6, Brake lockup
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:02:57 -0400
Hello Tom,

I've only seen that situation 3 times ever, twice on my old Ford pickup
(with front disc brakes) and once on Wifey's Isuzu pickup--with rear disc
brakes.  In all cases the problem turned out to be the same--bad brake
hoses to the calipers.  The inner laminations of the hoses apparently
come loose or shuck off inside, then get all balled up under pressure
and act just like one-way valves that keep the pressure from being re-
leased after you take your foot off the pedal.  You wouldn't think that
those innocent-looking flex hoses could do that if they tried, holding
that much pressure on their own, but in all three cases that's what
cured the problem--new hoses to the calipers.

p.s.  Lots cheaper than a servo-booster rebuild, too !!

Just my $.02 worth here, no guarantees, but it sounded suspiciously similar.

Best regards,
Tem Tweed
TR-250
Miami Valley Triumphs