To Frame Off or Not

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: To Frame Off or Not
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 96 11:37:56 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

Okay, here's another $.02 on the subject . . . . . .

I would think that a big factor in your decision is how long do
you want to spend working on this thing, and do you have the room
for all of the parts, tools, and equipment necessary to do the
job.  It sounds from your earlier e-mail that you really don't
care if it is "concours" (or "Can of Coors" as I call it), and you
don't have to pull it off the frame to be satisfied with the
result.

The biggest hassle for me is space.  I have an RV storage area on
the side of my house that I built a semi-permanent cover over and
everything is under it.  Still, it is tight, and if I didn't have
room for all of the parts I think I would have left the body on
the frame and just cleaned it all as best I could before sending
it out for painting.  Time?  Well, I have allotted about 1 to 1.5
yrs for my project and am going forward pretty fast so I think
I'll make it.  But, the more you pull apart the more you have to
put back together.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire (undergoing surgery)