Re: To Frame Off or Not

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Frame Off or Not
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 96 13:10:21 -0400
Hey Jim,

        Man, all these stories about frame-off jobs are scaring me.  Your post
says that you 'added YEARS to your project' by doing a frame off
restoration.  My question is, why did this add years?  Did it take that
much time to get the body to properly mate to the frame?  When the body
was off the frame did you not store it properly, resulting in some
twisting to the shell that needed repairs?  Or was it that you just found
a large number of items that need repairs that could only be done with
the shell off the body.

        Again, I not planning on doing a full restoration to concurs(sp) level,
but I have to replace the cross members of the TR6 frame, abd will
rebuild the front and rear suspension while I'm at it.  I just picture
this being a lot easier with the shell off the frame.

JHD IV