GT6 Front spring/shock

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Front spring/shock
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 18 Jun 96 14:42:03 -0500
Fellow Scion,
   I just received some uprated 330# springs from J. Kipping and want to pop
them on this week with some new Koni's I have been sitting on. The local
Austin Triumph club (Hill Country Triumph) is running a rally into the hills
this weekend. Lots of good winding roads to just waiting to test out the new
setup.
   I have the compressors that lool like two hooks on a long bolt. My plan
is to:
1 jack up the car
2 put on the clamps (180 apart)
3 unbolt the shock on the top
4 unbolt the lower shock
5 slip out the assembly
6 remove the clamps (slowly)
7 reverse proceedure
   There some thing wrong with that process? I seem to remember doing it
without a clamps sometime back in the 70's (couldn't afford the dealer
rates) but I am sure it was not OSHA approved. Am I leaving anything out
(Tony)?
   Since I receive the digest an email to me will insure any sugggeston will
be asorbed before I get out the wrenches. I don't like keeping the ride off
the road for very long so am hoping for a one evening affair.
Thanks in advanced,
Richard Ceraldi    erc004@email.mot.com
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L