Re: Spit Starting problem

To: sean_johnson@milacron.com
Subject: Re: Spit Starting problem
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 18:28:55 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>When I turn the switch to the "start" position, sometimes nothing happens.
>Or, if I hold it in "start" for a second, then try again, the car starts.
 At

>first I assumed this had something to do with the buzzer box being damaged,
>but I've replaced the box, and I'm beginning to doubt the ignition depended
>on that box anyways.
>
>I'm guessing now that the contacts in the ignition switch are dirty. Is
there

>any way to clean the contacts?  If always assumed that with anti theft
>switches that these things aren't accessible.

Sean,

Before your start dissembling the ignition switch, check to see if you  have
12v. at the starter solenoid (I think it's a white/orange or red wire - check
your schematic. Have someone sit inside and turn the switch to "start" and
see if there's voltage. If you get voltage your starter switch is OK. Start
looking for loose or dirty connections downhill from the solenoid.

Hope that helps,
Charlie B.