TR6 Diff update

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Diff update
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Jun 96 11:58:26 EDT
Thanks to all who responded to my questions about beefing up my 6's diff
mounts. I called TRF and they were out of the reinforcements, but I called
their Tech Support line later and asked if they could FAX me a drawing of
the part. Although they weren't able to do that, it appears that someone
traced the part onto a sheet of paper and then FAXed that to me. Whatever,
at least now I have a template to work with. (One does have to wonder where
they found a part for the tracing...)

It turns out that the drawing may be unnecessary. After many attempts I think
I've found a roving welder that has everything that will be needed to take care
of the diff mounts. Not only does he have a truck with a welder and generator,
but he also has a small band saw that he can use to cut the steel bar stock
that he carries. From conversations with the guy I suspect that he's used to
cobbling up things like this.

This will certainly be more expensive than I had originally expected, but then I
don't expect to ever have another cracked diff mount by the time all of this is
done!

One small step closer to Route 66!

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek