Throttle Jack Wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Throttle Jack Wiring
From: The Kansas Van Ripers <vanriper@gvi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 21:52:56 -0500
Car: 79 TR7 US Federalized, Dual carbs

Well, in looking at my throttle jack I'm not sure it is broken. The white
casing is cracked though. I am sure that it is not connected. The ground is
connected and it goes to the carbs.  I don't know where the main wire is. I
don't have my Haynes book. Only a 77 TR7 book. It says only Canadian cars
have throttle jacks and that there should be a slate and yellow wire
connected to it. I can't find a slate and yellow wire.

Here is what I have coming out of the harness under the carbs:

Green Wire & Green w/Orange stripe wire connecting to the bottom of the
intake manifold via a white plug. Not likely candidates.

A brown w/Orange stripe wire with a tubular connector. Goes no where.

A black wire with a tubular connector connected to a black wire that
attaches to the backside of the front carb.

A black w/Orange stripe wire with a tubular connector connected to a black
w/orange stripe wire that connects to the backside of the front carb and it
looks like it goes into a white socket. It is a little aft of the pure black
wire. The black and black w/orange wires are joined via their insulation
(like zipcord) between their tubular connectors and the carb.

A black w/red wire going to an odd little switch that just dangles.
A green w/orange wire going to the same odd little switch.

Any ideas? The orphaned brown w/orange seems like a candidate but the
tubular connector surely won't fit the spade connector on the bottom of the
throttle jack.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim Van Riper